The end of summer brings a bountiful harvest to the Grand Valley and a reason to celebrate all things peach and wine. Palisade Peach Festival is August each year and Colorado's largest wine festival – Colorado Mountain Winefest – is in September. Come celebrate with us!
Here are 5 tips to enjoy each festival like a true Grand Junction local.
- Make this the year to spoil yourself (or a loved one!). Peach Fest's Feast in the Field is more elegant, beautiful and flavorful than can possibly described.
- Pack your bike or hiking shoes. We may be celebrating all things agriculture, but that doesn't mean Grand Junction isn't all about outdoor recreation. Before you eat your weight in peaches and cream, earn those calories by tackling one of the many trails surrounding Grand Junction. If you're headed to Winefest, bring your road bike to ride the back roads on skinny tires between stunning vineyards and vistas via the Tour de Vineyards bike ride.
- Don't be afraid to get a little messy! The peach eating contest at Peach Fest, for both kids and adults, will leave you with the sweet peach juice running down your smiling face. For the adults only, Winefest provides the perfect "I Love Lucy" moment during a grape stomp. We recommend that you avoid wearing white and bring your camera to both festivals!
- Skip trying to park at either festival and take a shuttle from Horizon Drive in Grand Junction to Riverbend Park in Palisade. This 15 minute ride will save you time and hassle, plus no one will have to flip a coin to decide who is the designated driver. Check each event's website for pricing and pick-up locations: Peach Fest Shuttle and Winefest Shuttle.
- Start your holiday shopping, or create your own wish list, early this year. Both festivals will have a plethora of vendors supporting local Colorado businesses. What better treat than giving something with so much love already put into it?
Festival season is upon us, so book early and plan for a weekend in Grand Junction that is unlike any other destination in Colorado! Remember to share your experiences on social media using #shareGJ.