Would you like to hang out with friendly volunteers and assist with helping visitors to the Grand Junction area find fun things to see and do in our beautiful valley? Visit Grand Junction is looking for fun-loving individuals like you to join our team of Grand Junction Ambassadors.
As a Grand Junction ambassador, you’ll get the opportunity to:
- Meet interesting people from all over the world! Visitors stop by the Grand Junction Visitor Center to learn more about the area and they love sharing with you about their travels abroad as well.
- Share your expertise and why you love the Grand Valley. Most of the guests who come to the Visitor Center are unfamiliar with the Grand Junction area and are looking for fun and unique experiences to enjoy while they are here. They love hearing about your favorite scenic drives, hiking trails, and tasty places to eat.
- Enjoy Ambassador trips to area attractions. Throughout the year, Visit Grand Junction arranges FAM trips to different area attractions and you get to join us at no cost! These trips are a fun way to familiarize yourself with various activities and adventures in your hometown, like a ride on Colorado's only jet boat or a museum tour.
- Appreciation luncheons! We host an annual luncheon, complete with gifts, to thank all of our Ambassadors. This year, we hosted the lunch at the Ocotillo Restaurant & Bar at Redlands Mesa Golf Course.
As a Grand Junction ambassador, you can expect:
- A fun and friendly work environment. We are all like family here, make new friends!
- You volunteer with other residents in the area. Visit Grand Junction ambassadors work in pairs, so you'll always be with someone else.
- Flexible scheduling - whether you’re looking to volunteer regularly, or interested in volunteering when it fits into your lifestyle, we will arrange a schedule that works for you.
- We provide you all the training and assistance you need. We make it easy for you!
- Yummy snacks! While you are in the Visitor Center volunteering, enjoy a variety of snacks provided just for you! Munch on chips, crackers, candies, sodas, and other treats. We even have a kitchen.
- What do you do if it’s slow and there are no visitors? Many read, knit, surf the internet, stuff envelopes, chat with their Ambassador partner – whatever you want to do!
- We have two computers with access to the internet and also a T.V.
- We have a desk with chairs, so there is limited standing required.
- We have great parking! It’s just a few steps from your parked car to the front door of the Visitor Center.
What do you need to become a Visit Grand Junction Ambassador?
- Just yourself, a positive attitude, and a desire to help others! You don’t have to be a long-time resident or an area expert to start volunteering at Visit Grand Junction. We’ll provide trainings and pair you with a seasoned ambassador to get you started.
- We are located at the Official Grand Junction Visitor Center at 740 Horizon Drive, just behind Taco Bell.
If you’re interested in learning more about becoming a Visit Grand Junction ambassador, feel free to fill out this application and send it directly to Kerry Graves [email protected] or drop it off at the Visitor Center. You can also call 970-256-4054 for more information.