Grand Junction is a land of bold contrasts and true beauty. It is the largest city in western Colorado that offers plenty of dramatic vistas and adventure to create an experience unlike any other for your group. The area offers services and amenities that rival larger cities and resort communities, but at a more reasonable cost.
A mecca for outdoor and recreational activity and exploration, Grand Junction is a year-round destination with:
- Red rock canyons of the Colorado National Monument
- 23 wineries
- Orchards, fruit harvests (including very famous peaches)
- Year-round "world class" golf
- Hiking and biking – both challenging road and mountain biking, or leisure cruiser biking
- Alpine and Nordic skiing, snowmobiling/snowshoeing
- Grand Mesa National Forest
- Dinosaur exploration
- Cultural attractions – Live theatre, museums, shopping, musical performances
- Lavender Farms and Alpaca Farm Tours
- 1.2 million acres (485,623 hectares) of public multi-use land
- Located between Denver and Salt Lake City, Grand Junction is easy to access via Interstate 70, air or rail.
What’s New in Grand Junction?
- American Airlines Now Offers Direct Flight Between Los Angeles (LAX) and Grand Junction Regional Airport (GJT): Mountain air in the morning, sea breeze by the afternoon… Travelers can begin booking Saturday direct flights between Grand Junction – Los Angeles now on AA.com.
- Las Colonias Amphitheater: Private or public events, this Colorado riverfront location is perfectly situated for a unique outdoor meeting location or group gathering that includes a 40’x60’ stage.
- Downhill Mountain Biking at Powderhorn: Explore the lift-serviced trails of the Grand Mesa at the Powderhorn Bike Park.
- Ski Patrol Ski Along at Powderhorn Mountain Resort: No one knows the ins and outs of a ski resort better than its Ski Patrol—after all, it’s their job. But few really get to see what it’s like to serve on the mountain.
- It’s a Party – a Taco Party: First things first. They are not a Mexican restaurant. Their concept lives where an unconventional culinary experience and rural Colorado intersect. Grand Junction’s local culinary scene will delight and surprise your guests.
- Epic Escape Game: Epic Escape Game is a fun interactive adventure game.
- Avant Vineyards: Colorado’s Wine Country now offers 23 tasting rooms, open year-round.
- Skydive GJ Jump Junction: Life-changing doesn’t even touch the feeling of jumping with Jump Junction. With a breathtaking view of 3 mountain ranges overlooking the Colorado National Monument, Grand Mesa National Forest and Canyonlands of Colorado.
Grand Junction, Colorado at a Glance:
- Grand Junction Convention Center with 23,000 s. ft. (largest ballroom is 18,600 sq. ft.)
- Over 3,000 hotel rooms including bed and breakfasts and vacation homes.
- Additional 50,000 square feet of meeting space at area hotels.
- Group services offering area assistance, welcome packets, room blocks, a custom landing page on meetgrandjunction.com and more.