Welcome to the application for special event marketing funding provided by Visit Grand Junction's Board of Directors.
The Visit Grand Junction annual budget includes a line item for Special Event marketing support. The primary objective of the Visit Grand Junction Special Events line item is to develop a partnership between Visit Grand Junction and events that promote tourism activities which utilize public accommodations within the City of Grand Junction. Events may be cultural, ethnic, historic, educational or recreational or a combination thereof. Events should have strong appeal to a large part of our community and potential visitors. The resulting economic and non-economic benefits of this program are intended to promote the general welfare of the City residents.
New in 2018 - all grant funding applications are due by February 1, 2018 by 11:59pm. There will be one review period for all event applications in 2018.
For the full Visit Grand Junction Special Event Marketing Funding Policy, click here.
For a copy of the evaluation matrix used by the Visit Grand Junction Board of Directors, click here.
For a hard copy of the application form, find the PDF here. Please email [email protected] if you are looking for a Word Document copy of the application.
Examples of types of special events marketing assistance Visit Grand Junction may provide:
- Listing on Colorado.com
- Resort/community newspaper advertising (i.e. Vail Daily, Aspen Times, Glenwood Post Independent, Colorado Springs Gazette, The Villager, etc.)
- Denver Post advertising
- Printing costs for flyers, rack cards, or posters (for distribution outside of Mesa County)
- Special interest publication advertising (i.e. Competitor Magazine, AAA Encompass Magazine, Colorado Runner, etc.)
- Online advertising on targeted websites (i.e. DenverPost.com, Active.com)
- Radio advertising (on stations outside of Mesa County)
- Facebook advertising
- Google ad words / pay-per-click advertising
- Press release distribution
Existing benefits to events:
- Online Calendar of Events listing on VisitGrandJunction.com website (more than 400,000 unique visitors annually)
- Posts on Visit Grand Junction’s social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Post flyers in Visitor Center
- Provide event details to visitors via phone and email
- Provide monthly detailed calendar of events to local media
Other assistance for events and groups is available through Convention Services at Visit Grand Junction. Please contact us at 970-244-1480 for details on how the Visit Grand Junction can assist. Examples include: welcome packets to participants, assistance with a visitor information booth at your event, room blocks, site tours, information on the Grand Junction Event Task Force, and so much more.