ECONOMIC IMPACT OF TOURISM IN MESA COUNTY:
- Approximately 1 million visitors to local lodging properties annually
- Over 3,000 jobs supported by tourism
- $269 million in direct travel spend annually
- $8 million in local taxes annually
Tourism = Jobs + Tax Revenue
OTHER GRAND JUNCTION TOURISM FACTS:
- Top domestic visitors come to Grand Junction from around Colorado (52%), Texas, Arizona, and California
- Top international visitors come to Grand Junction from the United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, China, Australia, and the Netherlands
- 96% of visitors rate their experience in Grand Junction as either Excellent or Very Good!
- Top 3 reasons why people visit Grand Junction
- Winery tours
- Outdoor activities
- What are the top attractions in Grand Junction?
- Downtown, wineries, breweries/distilleries
- Colorado National Monument / Grand Mesa
- Parks and Public lands
- Travel has a positive effect on Grand Junction, Colorado and it also impacts business productivity, economic development, and each individual traveler's well being.
- International travel to the United States is the nation's No. 1 services export. The Grand Junction Visitor & Convention Bureau works with 226 international tour companies annually to bring guests from around the world to Grand Junction
- Over 15,000 visitors use the Grand Junction Visitor Center annually, representing over 50 foreign countries and the U.S.
- Over 500,000 people gain valuable travel inspiration by going to www.visitgrandjunction.com annually
- The Grand Junction Visitor & Convention Bureau has been marketing the area for over 25 years
- Supporting hundreds of local events, restaurants and tourism attractions, including 22 wineries
- Over 40 lodging properites
- Hosting over 150 conventions, events, and groups each year
- Travel is one of the top three industries in the state of Colorado and is a driving force of economic growth to Grand Junction and surrounding communities
* Figures taken from the 2014 Dean Runyan Colorado Travel Impacts Study
GJ Tourism Matters Videos for Inspiration and Educational Uses