Visit Grand Junction has scoured the area to find beautiful and unique sites for wedding ceremonies and receptions perfect for spring, summer and fall dates. Adventure and outdoor lovers celebrating their big day at one of these nine venues can create memories – and breathtaking photos – to last a lifetime.
- Brides on Bikes! – Hearts race along the Kokopelli bike trail – among USA Today’s 2014 10 Best Bucket-List Adventure Trips – where views of the Colorado River provide a natural backdrop for a wedding ceremony (permit required). Guides recommend the easy 3.5-mile Rustler’s Look Loop.
- Float Down the Aisle – Couples can float to wedded bliss on a Colorado River float trip. Several local outfitters provide guided boat trips and deliver couples to the proverbial altar on shore.
- Vintage Romance – Find classic romance with an outdoor wedding at a charming winery or orchard. Two Rivers Winery and High Country Orchards & Vineyards accommodate small and large outdoor events amidst the charm of natural vegetation.
- National Status – A popular site for group events, the Colorado National Monument provides a majestic touch to any event (permit required). Hike Monument Trail for Mother Nature’s blessing in the shape of the Kissing Couple rock formation in the background.
- Drama Queens and Kings – Take center stage, literally, at the historic Avalon Theatre in downtown Grand Junction where theater seating provides the best seat in the house for all friends and family. This stunningly beautiful space also has a rooftop terrace for smaller ceremonies and receptions.
- Rock-Solid Relationships – A ready-made day – albeit ironic – awaits at the top of Independence Monument on the Fourth of July. Couples celebrate their union by rock climbing and hiking to a wedding in the sky where fireworks are all part of the scenery. (permit required)
- Take a Hike, Together – Step into marriage with a challenge by hiking to the top of Mount Garfield. This strenuous 4-mile trail is totally worth the spectacular view at the top. After “I do,” it’s all downhill from there!
- A Horse-Lover’s Must – A horseback ride through Colorado’s canyons adds a romantic flair unique this part of the West. Rimrock Adventures provides everything couples need to ride off in the sunset together.
- Make an Entrance – For grand affairs, an exhilarating helicopter flight from Gateway Canyons Air Tours provides an inspirational view from the air. Skip the getaway car and be whisked away in style on a VIP-style aircraft.
See more on planning and get information on Grand Junction’s wedding venues, here.