Thrilling trails, amazing views and cool summer weather can be found at Powderhorn Bike Park on the Grand Mesa in Western Colorado.
Downhill mountain biking is just 45-minues outside of Grand Junction - Powderhorn Mountain Resort is now open during the summer season with lift assisted, downhill mountain biking and scenic chairlift rides!
Hours of Operation: Saturday & Sunday 11:00AM-4:00PM (2017)
Purchase lift tickets or passes online or over the phone at 970-268-5700 ext. 2046.
|Summer Season Passes||3/1/17 - 6/30/17|
|Adult (13 & Up)||$139|
|Youth (12 & Under)||$99|
|Single Ride Ticket||$12|
|All Day Ticket||$25|
Fast Facts about Powderhorn Bike Park!
- 3 trails (jumps, berms, fun technical sections) for all ability levels with a new trail under construction - to be completed Summer 2017
- Blue Ribbon (blue trail) - 2.5 miles
- Pinball Alley (black trail) - 1.75 miles
- Stagecoach (green trail) - 4 miles
- Total trail distance (existing) - 8.25 miles
- Mutton Buster (under construction) - 5 miles
- Total trail distance (by end of summer) - 13.25 miles
- Elevation (top) - 9,850 ft
- Elevation (bottom) - 8,200 ft
- Vertical - 1,650 ft
- $49 Learn-to-downhill package. Includes full day ticket, 2 hr clinic, 1/2 day Scott bike rental, all protective equipment.
The Powderhorn Bike Park was built to compliment the natural terrain of the mountain and create an exhilarating experience for all. Powderhorn's bike park offers multiple trails that can challenge the most experienced rider and provide easy terrain for those looking to improve their skills! Take advantage of our package deals and bike clinics! For more information, visit Powderhorn's website: http://www.powderhorn.com/MtnBiking
How to get there? Directions! Powderhorn Mountain Resort is easily accessible from Grand Junction's variety of hotels, amazing local restaurants and vibrant Downtown. From the Grand Junction Visitor Center (740 Horizon Drive) - travel East on I-70 for 17.25 miles, exit 49 towards CO-330 E/Grand Mesa/Collbran and drive 19 miles, turn right at the Powderhorn entrance. Travel time = 45 minutes.
Where to stay? Rustic hotel close to the resort? B&B down in Wine Country or modern hotel right in the heart of Downtown Grand Junction? Here are the options: http://www.visitgrandjunction.com/hotels-lodging
So, are you ready to downhill mountain bike?
Come Visit US! Book your tickets now by visiting http://www.powderhorn.com/MtnBiking