Well, you could do all of these activities in a single adventure-filled spring day. But why rush things? You better block your calendar and visit Grand Junction for an extended vacation. Let us help you plan the perfect spring trip to Colorado.
1. Start your day in Downtown Grand Junction. Download the Downtown GJ Guide to learn where to shop local, dine on amazing local cuisine, explore our unique public art display, Art on the Corner exhibits, while strolling our tree-lined, pedestrian-friendly streets complete with fountains and historic buildings. Can you smell the flowers? Can you hear the live music?
2. No trip to Western Colorado is complete without witnessing the breathtaking Colorado National Monument for yourself. A truly unique destination, the red rock canyons, high desert trails, and the 23-mile Rim Rock Drive provide an experience unlike anywhere else in all of Colorado! Bring your camera or just sit for a while and absorb natural beauty at its best.
3. Your outdoor adventure vacation to Grand Junction must include mountain biking! Man do we have the perfect trails for a day of single-track bliss. Hard rock to hero dirt…. if you want two-wheeled adventure you need to look no further than areas surrounding Grand Junction and Fruita. Don’t miss the Lunch Loops/Tabeguache trailhead or the 18 Road trailhead. If you'd rather two feet than two-wheels, you can hike our trails systems.
4. Four! We mean FIVE... public golf courses that is... The greens set against the stark red rock backdrop of the Colorado National Monument and McInnis Canyons National Conservation Area may be too distracting to focus on your game. Sorry about that, we can't help that our golf games come with views unlike anything else in Colorado free of charge. We call it Golf With a View.
5. The newest adrenaline rush comes from the Colorado River with Jet Boat Colorado. The only jet boat in Colorado can be found here. Don't let our warm spring days fool you, there are plenty of opportunities to cool off on the water surrounding Grand Junction. Check out our Beat the Summer Heat with Water Activities page. Looking to take river time a little slower? No worries, we have plenty of rafting companies that can help you float your worries away down the Colorado River beginning in late spring through early fall.
6. End your day exploring Colorado's Wine Country. We have 23 wineries with tasting rooms that are open year-round and spring is an incredible time to visit without the crowds. From sweet dessert wines to bold reds, mix in lavender and fruit wines, the Grand Valley AVA is worth a sip.
Grand Junction is the best location for a spring adventure. Period. And when you’re done playing, let us welcome you with tantalizing meals, inviting shops and comfortable beds. We could never cover everything that there is do here, you'll need to see for yourself. So you better plan your trip now to the spring outdoor adventure hub that is Grand Junction, Colorado!