Visit Grand Junction offers a wide array of resources that are available to Grand Junction Tourism Stakeholders. This page will help you learn more about the support Visit Grand Junction offers your business. For your convenience, we have created a Q&A format that will assist you in deciding what services may help your business marketing initiatives.
If there are services you are seeking that are not referenced on this page, please feel free to share via the open comment area at the end of this page. You can also leave an open comment if you wish to share questions, opinions, or suggestions. Thank you, we appreciate your feedback!
Is my tourism-related business listed on VisitGrandJunction.com?
- If you answered no or not sure, feel free to reach out to Mason at MasonB @GJcity.org and he will get you set up! *You can check by typing your business name in the upper right-hand search window on VisitGrandJunction.com (to the left of the “GO” button).
How do I access my VisitGrandJunction.com business listing so that I can modify/add to it?
- You can access your business listing by logging into this site with the username and password that Visit Grand Junction has provided you. If you do not have your username and password, feel free to reach out to Mason at MasonB @GJcity.org and he will be more than happy to help you out!
Does my VisitGrandJunction.com business listing include updated, relevant, and seasonally appropriate information?
- If you answered no, we recommend keeping your listing as up-to-date as possible including images, description, address, and links. This can be done at any time by logging into your business listing (see above).
Can I add or remove images to my VisitGrandJunction.com business listing?
- Yes, we recommend you add and swap images seasonally throughout the year to ensure that your listing is up-to-date and remains relevant to guests and residents.
Do I have my business social media accounts linked to my business listing page on VisitGrandJunction.com?
- If you answered no, you can add them by logging into your edit listing and going to the bottom of the edit page. The following social media channels can be added: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
Can I submit deals for the specials page on VisitGrandJunction.com?
- Yes, you can add deals and specials by logging in to your business listing and going to the second to last section of the business listing edit page. Here you can add deals, images, and set expiration dates. All deals entered on your listing are displayed on the Deals & Coupons page.
How can I provide helpful guest information on my business website/social channels?
- The best way to provide guest information on your website and social channels is by linking to VisitGrandJunction.com. This helps guests plan their trip to Grand Junction and decide what other local businesses to check out, which ultimately extends their stay.
- You can also link the digital version of the Grand Junction Visitor Guide on your website for guests to have quick access to itineraries, restaurants, and other local businesses.
Event Calendar on VisitGrandJunction.com
How do I submit an event for the VisitGrandJunction.com event calendar?
- You can submit your events on Visit Grand Junction’s event calendar by going to this link or going to the event calendar and clicking on the link hyperlinked at the top of the page. It is recommended that you include at least 3 images, including a logo, per event submission.
What if I have my event listed on Visit Grand Junction’s event calendar and I have edits to make?
- For event edits, feel free to reach out to Mason at MasonB @GJcity.org.
Should I follow Visit Grand Junction on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube?
- Yes, go give us a follow! Visit Grand Junction is constantly posting about things to do and sharing beautiful photos of the area that are often taken by locals. Below are our handles.
Should I tag Visit Grand Junction in my social posts and stories?
- Yes, we recommend that you tag our profile in your posts and also tag them with #ShareGJ. This provides you additional visibility and helps us stay informed of new things that you may be offering.
Photos and Videos
How do I know if my photo is good enough to share?
- Photos do not need to look perfect – people trust images that are taken by locals and guests. That is why user-generated content is so popular with consumers. Photos that capture a unique food item; images of people laughing with a coffee or drink in their hand; action shots to help the consumer feel what it’s like to experience the activity; posing with a sculpture Downtown – all provide fantastic and inspirational content.
How do I share photos with Visit Grand Junction?
- We are always looking to update and share photos. Images must be sent to us via this link, no exceptions.
- You can also connect your social profiles to Visit Grand Junction's library, so that your updates, promotions, and offerings are immediately shared with Visit Grand Junction. This eliminates the extra step of contacting us separately. Visit GJ will then utilize this information to create marketing content to support you through our digital channels. Click here to connect your posts!
How do I get my business included in new blog content?
- Visit Grand Junction is always adding new blog content and looking for new ways to highlight local businesses. We will be starting a new blog series called “Meet the Owners”. The series will highlight local business owners/managers/staff and their unique story of starting their business or why they moved to the Grand Junction area. If this is something you would be interested in, please reach out to Mason at MasonB @GJcity.org.
- Note: By replying to the monthly PR eNewsletter and sharing information about your business, it helps us to know what you’re offering and where we can include you in blog content. Sometimes stories that are unique about a business don’t get picked up by press but are perfect blog opportunities.
Am I signed up for all three of Visit Grand Junction’s monthly communications (PR Partner, Stakeholder, and Marketing)?
- Visit Grand Junction sends out three email campaigns a month and past campaigns can be viewed here. The Stakeholder and PR Partner eNewsletters are opportunities for Visit GJ to share recent work and accomplishments. Information includes earned, owned, and paid channels, events, media coverage, partnership opportunities, lodging tax reporting, and important information for tourism partners to be aware of. Additionally, Visit GJ sends out a monthly Marketing eNewsletter that is distributed to both visitors and residents - worldwide. This eNews highlights upcoming local events, things to do, blogs, itineraries, and social posts. We recommend that sign up for all three. We remove duplicates so even if you aren’t sure, sign up!
Public Relations (PR)
How do I get included in local press opportunities?
- Be sure you are signed up for all 3 monthly eNewsletters (see above question). In the monthly PR eNews, topics will be shared with requests for information. Your response will be shared with national media that Visit Grand Junction is partnering with, including Colorado Tourism Office. Press generally will only pick up an item that is new, unique or trending so try to think outside the box to help your chances of press including your offering.
- You can also connect your social media accounts with Visit GJ to provide you with further support in obtaining press and fulfilling your business needs. Click here to connect.
Official Grand Junction Visitor Guide
Can I stock the Official Grand Junction Visitor Guide at my business?
- Yes, we drop them off and stop by to restock, so it’s super convenient. You can choose either a counter or floor stand.
What do I do if I have a suggestion for the Grand Junction Visitor Guide?
- Feel free to reach out to Mason at MasonB @GJcity.org. We love hearing suggestions and feedback!
Destination Travel Network (DTN)
How can Visit Grand Junction help me with my digital marketing?
- Visit Grand Junction is bringing digital marketing support to local businesses in the Grand Junction area through a partnership with Destination Travel Network (DTN). This company only works with DMOs (Destination Marketing Organizations) and tourism businesses that are partnering with the DMO. Their affordable expertise and digital marketing solutions can help your business attract new customers, drive more revenue, and save you time. For more information on this partnership and how to get involved, check out this page.
Visit Grand Junction and Colorado Tourism Office
How can I partner with Visit Grand Junction and Colorado Tourism Office?
- Visit Grand Junction purchases a full-page ad in the Colorado State Vacation Guide which sets the stage for the Grand Junction section of this annual guide. To support you in your own advertising in the Colorado State Vacation Guide, Visit GJ pays 15% of your ad cost for any ad that you choose to place in this same section of the guide. Contact the following if you are interested in participating in this opportunity: [email protected] and [email protected]
- Visit Grand Junction attends the annual Colorado Governor's Tourism Conference (GovCon) and encourages area tourism businesses in Grand Junction to join as well. Visit GJ covers the cost of any new attendee's registration, transportation and hotel costs. Complete this form at any time of the year to apply for consideration to join the Grand Junction team at GovCon.
Visit Grand Junction will continue to update this page as existing services evolve and new projects arise. You might want to consider bookmarking this page for easy reference.