Tourism is Grand Junction's No. 1 business. Our economy is greatly impacted by the number of visitors we encourage to stay and enjoy themselves and to share their Grand Junction, Colorado, experience with friends and family. The Visitor Center's goals are to provide outstanding hospitality and valuable information to all visitors who walk-in or call-in to our Center.
We would not be able to meet these goals if it were not for our Ambassadors!
What are the expectations of a Visitor Center Ambassador?
• Be friendly and a good listener
• Read and be familiar with reference materials provided
• Attend training sessions and tours
• Good communication skills
• A great deal of walking or sitting will vary with the season
• Some reaching is required, but no heavy lifting
• Some basic computer internet searching (training provided)
• Shifts average 3-4 hours either once per week or on an on-call basis
• The Center is open 362 days/year, hours vary with the season
What's in it for me as an Ambassador?
• The opportunity to meet people from all over the U.S. and the world
• Free training sessions or tours of local attractions
• Flexible scheduling
• Meaningful "ambassador" work
• Helping make a positive impact on Grand Junction's economy
• Ambassador Newsletter with updated tourism and training opportunities
• Annual Ambassador Appreciation Banquet
• Friendly, positive, family atmosphere
Please review our Ambassador application or call Kerry Graves at 970-256-4054 for more information.