The Visit Grand Junction Team is Proud to Serve You! Visit Grand Junction is a department of the City of Grand Junction and is dedicated to marketing the Grand Junction area to attract year-round tourism, thereby providing for a sustainable and consistent economy and enhanced quality of life for residents.
The Power of Tourism
- Travel promotion generates a virtuous cycle of economic benefits and creates a "halo effect" by driving future business development and attracting new residents and students. It improves the quality of life for residents by creating new jobs, businesses and attractions to enjoy.
- Travel and tourism fuels business income and tax revenues that support schools, transportation, public safety, municipal services which, in turn, lowers the tax burden on each household.
- Tourism is one of Colorado's strongest economic drivers and a major source of sustained economic growth in Grand Junction. The local economy saw $299 million in direct travel spending in 2017.
- Grand Junction welcomed approximately 1.65 million guests staying in lodging properties in 2018. That equals over $12.8 million in local sales tax revenues and $1.56 million in lodging tax revenues collected.
- The travel and tourism industry in Mesa County provides more than 5,500 jobs and $139.9 million in wages. According to U.S. Travel's 2018 report, tourism employment continues to grow faster than the rest of the private sector. Nearly 40 percent of workers whose first job was in the travel industry reached an annual career salary of more than $100,000, and the overall average career salary of Americans whose first job was in travel is $82,000. Tourism also provides the most upwardly mobile career opportunity compared to any other industry sector.
General email: [email protected]
Mailing address: 740 Horizon Drive, Grand Junction, CO 81506
Marketing Office Hours: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Mountain Time, Monday-Friday.
Established in 1990, Visit Grand Junction is a department of the City of Grand Junction. Visit Grand Junction and the Visitor Center focus on marketing the Grand Junction, Colorado area to encourage year-round tourism, thereby providing for a sustainable year-round economy and enhanced quality of life for residents. For more information, feel free to call 970-244-1480. To view or request a Visitor Guide, please click here.
Volunteer Opportunities at the Grand Junction Visitor Center
The Visit Grand Junction Board of Directors is appointed by the Grand Junction City Council.
Visit Grand Junction Board of Director Minutes, Meeting Locations, Directory + more
View all City Boards and Commissions
Visit Grand Junction has implemented a new event partnership process. For non-sporting events, please contact Elizabeth Fogarty at [email protected] for partnership forms.
For sporting events, please contact the Greater Grand Junction Sports Commission.